<VV> Harmonic balancers

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 12:38:31 EDT 2008

I agree with Mark. "No engine will be harmed if it has a harmonic balancer" (so long as the balancer does not come apart allowing the belt to come off which will fry the engine if not stopped). But I think it's an added insurance to keep the crankshaft from breaking.Like everything else in life, it just has to be monitored.