<VV> Corvair overhead cam engine

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 10:27:48 EDT 2008

Agreed.  If you look very closely at the engineering diagram from the rear of the engine, you can plainly see the R belt looping over the crank gear to the left.  The L one is not drawn to the R of the gear.  Thanks for the 7 tooth guideline.  I figure you want close to 180 degrees of the drive gear.

Rick Loving sent this link.  It's all the pictures I've ever seen of it.  http://www.putfile.com/album/189712 BarryE in SC > Subject: <VV> Corvair overhead cam engine> > It is unlikely that one belt drove both heads. I believe a belt drove> the right side and another belt drove the left side. If you only had> one belt you wouldn't need two adjusters! In my machine tool days we> used a standard that you need 7 teeth engaged on a timing belt drive to> transmit the load. We usually tried for more teeth but 7 would do.> Clark Hartzel