<VV> Fan dreams

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Thu May 22 14:42:32 EDT 2008

> The real problem is that the engineers are given design problems that will
> never reach production, in order to keep the imaginative engineers happy

...this is what led to something that *could* reach production once it was approved by the beancounters...  which is what gave us that magnesium fan.   ;)

It was the best that they could do with the budget they had to work with.    It matters not how sharp an engineer is if he can't exploit his brains.

A fellow who can exploit the last 50 years' worth of tech advances certainly CAN whip the asses of those GM engineers of days gone by if he doesn't have to answer to some management wonk with a clipboard and a pencil.

THAT is why we can come up with a better fan than GM did.    The trick is gonna be doing it for cheap...  it's all relative.    ;)

tony..