<VV> N.H. Corvair show

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 22 16:08:57 EDT 2008

 I just want to thank Central New Hampshire Corvair Association for an other  fine show last weekend. They really have it well organized. They also arranged for it not to rain .

 I had a problem traveling. The car would pull hard to the right on initial brake application than straighten up when heated a bit. I pulled both front brake set ups and cleaned, lubed and then soaked the shoes in lacquer thinner (there was no evidence of any leaks). All reinstalled and not pulling!

 As a side repair during the brake repair, I thought the left rotor hub was a little bit noisy. Sure enough, the outer bearing was on it way to the scrap heap, so maybe the car was trying to tell me something???

 Also averaged 28.44 on the first 162 mile leg of  the trip and averaged 26.7 for whole 360 miles. Not bad for a stock '69 110 4 speed  smog engine.
 MIKE KOVACS