<VV> Fan dreams,humor

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Fri May 23 14:57:03 EDT 2008

Hey Haranguer, That's the exact same design used on the "Stack Six"
long wheelbase Greenbrier. The axle design of the multiple
fan stack cools real well and also helps to keep down transmission
heat from the GM tank division tranny unit !!! <GGG>

FrontMan

ps Our metal waste basket is an ULTRA unit military surplus Korean
vintage unit with the open mesh sides ;-)
///////////////////////////////////////
At 07:36 AM 5/23/2008, you wrote:
>Well...
>
>I have a new top secret fan mod.
>I duct taped two mag fans on top of the stock fan. I then fabbed up an old
>circular metal waste basket and duct taped it to the top shroud with the big
>end up.
>I now have a three stage ducted axiel cooling fan! I'm using an industrial
>strength bungee cord for a drive belt. It stretches so it won't fly off!
>
>The Lone Haranguer
>
> > Yes, all three designs operate about the same.  I use the last two styles.
> > RonH
> >
> >  Well, the fan design didn't materially improve from the 80 HP 1960
> > design. Sure they made it lighter for belt retention, but there's really
> > no night and day pressure, flow, or efficiency improvement since its
> > inception.
>
> >> Funny.....
> >>
> >> Smitty Smith tows a trailer with a Lakewood thru 110 F  heat over the
> >> Rockies and survives...
> >>
> >> Warren LeVeque  uses the "basic" Vair fan to cool his  Turbo'd  racer
> >> in
> >> long roadcourse events...
> >>
> >> I could go on and on about others....
> >>
> >> WHAT is the REAL  problem???