<VV> on the road

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat May 24 17:21:14 EDT 2008

Notes below:

cfm wrote:

>So, I cheated a little, I left the front sway bar off because I didn't think it would hurt anything, I'll have to get that back on now though, I hope that was an okay thing to do.

OK for a test drive around the block. I would put it back soon. 60 to 63
models did not have the bar. 64 and later do, as the suspension was
changed. It is calculated into the spring rates for the car to be stable.

>If I have a tach, I recall that if I were to connect it the distributor +/-

Connect ene tach lead to distributor - (where the lead to the
distributor points attaches) and the other lead to ground.

>I can check too see what RPM's I am turning at idle, I think I am too low right now. What is the recommended idle RPM for a 110/pg?

 From the shop manual: " Idle speed on engines with automatic
transmission should be set as low as possible to obtain a smooth idle
and prevent creep in drive or harsh shifts during transmission operation."
So try around 600 prm in drive.

>And while I drove it around the block, I laid into a full acceleration, and, well, nothing happened ( lol ). Also, the left choke does not seem to release, not sure what that is from though.
>
>I have a transmission issue(s), not sure what that is about yet either, when I shift into drive or reverse, it seems not to engage until I rev it up a little.

Check the fluid level as it says on the dipstick.

>I also noticed that when I have the car stationary and rev it a little, in neutral, no parking brake applied, the car moves forward ever so slightly.

Normal for a Powerglide.

>Have some knocks, typical lifter noise, nothing sounds terminal, including the tranny (it was pretty smooth driving) plan to change the oil later next week to take car of that gas in the crankcase issue.

If there is gas in the crankcase, change it NOW as gas does not
lubricate bearings.

Frank DuVal