<VV> NECC Corvair Olympics Question

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 22:07:43 EDT 2008

Phil, don't miss the fun for lack of a harness. I drive a bone-stock 1962 Monza. When the NECC changed the rules to require the harness, I purchased one like Brian linked and installed it. The lap belt parts can just attach to the stock holes (I just added them on top of the existing lap belts I had in the car) and the third strap bolts to the rear firewall. I located it where the belt just comes out the crack between the seat cushion and back when the rear seat is folded. It only required one hole drilled in the firewall. I keep the 3rd belt hidden behind the back seat, and shove the lap belts under the back of my front seat cushion. Don't even know its there, and I'm ready to race anytime!  Except that work and family obligations have kept me away for too long!

  Trust me, there is no better fun than a NECC track event in a bone-stock corvair with skinny 185-80 tires. I put some photos of my installation here:

  http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=475143190119_695348797208&collid=46858459308.566528797208.1212112547688&page=1&sort_order=0&navfolderid=0&folderid=0&ownerid=0