<VV> front sway bar hardware

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 09:08:53 EDT 2008

hey guys
I wanted to put the front sway bar back on my car and went sifting through my little pile of bolts. When I took it off, I broke a couple of them naturally. I couldn't remember which size bolts went where, I worked under assumption I could refer to my other Corvair for the answers. I should have checked with the other car first, but turns out the hardware on that car is not original, kind of a hodge podge, even a missing retainer cap and bushing on one end. Without this reference, and my hestitation to order a bolt kit from our popular vendors (waiting), will I have any success matching these up at the hardware store? I see that the bolt kit is available in Grade 8 and stainless. I know the local h-store has regular, grade 5 and stainless hardware. Grade 8 might be a stretch for the local h-store? Is stainless just as strong as Grade 8? Does all the hardware need to be Grade 8 or just the long bolts that go through the lower control arm?
chris