<VV> Chevy dealer's widow reminisces

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Fri May 30 22:02:30 EDT 2008

When I have non-Corvair specific work to be done on one of my Corvairs I
take it to an independent garage where a good friend works as a mechanic.   The
garage was a Chevy dealership from the '30s through the late '70s.  The  late
dealer's widow still owns the building and is the landlady.  I had my  '63
Monza coupe there today for front wheel bearings, an idler arm and rear  brake
cylinders.  After doing the work, my friend road tested the car and  then parked
it in front.  While we were going over the bill a  little old lady walked in.
It was the late Chevy dealer's widow.  She  happened to be driving by, saw
the car and wanted to stop in and ask about  it.  She reminisced about the many
Corvair demonstrators she drove back in  the day, how much she liked them and
how misinformed a certain famous person was  about the car.  As she left I, of
course, told her that if she ever comes  across any Corvair memorabilia from
the dealership....  She replied that  she had a lot of "trash" in the attic to
go through.  I reminded her that  one woman's trash is another man's treasure!

~Bill Stanley

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.