<VV> Lost Hardware

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sat May 31 14:26:23 EDT 2008

This string on lost suspension bolts has prompted me to get involved.

Whenever I take something apart, let it be a car, chair, faucet or anything
with multiple parts, I put the parts into a zip-lock baggie and write their
application on the bag with a felt tipped pen. If the parts are part of a
larger assembly, I usually zip-tie the bag to the larger part. I also have a
shelf in my shop for "baggied parts". I go to the 99 cent store and get
several sizes of baggies to keep in stock in my shop. Ever since I learned
this trick back in the 80's I have seldom lost small parts.

This is just my opinion but it works for me.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder vert