<VV> Lost Hardware

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat May 31 14:40:28 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/31/2008 2:29:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dave.thompson at verizon.net writes:

I put  the parts into a zip-lock baggie and write their
application on the bag  with a felt tipped pen. If the parts are part of a
larger assembly, I  usually zip-tie the bag to the larger part.

I can second that.  That extra effort can make all the difference when  some
projects take years to get back to.  FWIW I use an old paper egg  carton for
my lifters and pushrods.  Open the carton up flat, mark the  carton ends front
and back and put lifters in the twelve egg sockets and push  the pushrods
through the dimple area of each pair of lifters.  You now have
left/right/front/back orientation of all parts so that they can be mated to  their correct
"wearpartner."

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Washington DC Suburbs