<VV> transmission pan bolt torque

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Nov 2 22:18:10 EST 2008

Abe,

Tighten until the gasket just starts to curl or cup at the corners or
squish out next to the bolts. Same with oil pan gasket. Thin paper
gaskets will never curl or squish, so it depends on gasket material. The
thicker/softer the material the easier it curls and squishes.

Torque specs are only for stock material gaskets. All others are
jugement calls.

Frank DuVal