<VV> Rochester Idle Circuit Inconsistencies

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 08:01:59 EST 2008

Thanks for responding, Frank...

"...Possibly the tank coating is redepositing  itself in the idle
circuit?..."
Sounds plausible, but the intermittent issue is  also occurring on my 67
coupe, and the coupe's fuel tank has never been coated.  Grant (the Carbmister)
surmises the issue may be related to today's  fuel, and the additives therein
(including, but not limited to, ethanol). While  I continue to buy locally, fuel
from stations whose supply is still non-ethanol  containing, on trips
(however infrequently) I've had to use ethanol  "infested" fuel. Grant recommends the
use of Techtron Fuel System Cleaner,  and I'll start using same as a
preventive maintenance measure.

I personally know of one other  local individual experiencing this same issue
(the need to occasionally  squirt carb cleaner into the idle mixture circuit
to maintain a smooth idle),  but have received no other responses from anyone
who has  actually been experiencing this problem...  must be a condition
specific to  Corvairs residing is St. Pete FL  : >)

Mike Mauro

In a message dated 11/2/2008 10:14:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

Message:  10