<VV> Carb idling issues-debris

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 20:59:04 EST 2008

Our Rochester carbs have porous castings, marked with pockets within the casting. Passageways may look like caverns rather than drilled holes. It may be either pieces or oxidized particles may be flaking off into passageways..

Some feel metal flake is coming off inside of carbs due to ethanol.

http://forums.moparmusclemagazine.com/70/6907924/general-mopar-technical-discussion/if-you-have-a-holley-carb-read-this/index.html

Others talk to lousy castings in Holley's, perhaps a similar problem to the poor quality of our very old castings and their porosity. Read down in the first article/message within the link. Last paragraph talks to inferior Asian castings.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech-engines-induction-exhaust/25654-holley-problems.html

Chuck S
BBRT