<VV> Gas Brands

Barry Johnson barry.johnson at activant.com
Tue Nov 4 14:49:16 EST 2008

JR, your Standard card was probably issued by Standard Oil of Indiana,
which was renamed to Amoco, which was later acquired by BP.

Standard Oil of New Jersey used the brand name Esso, and the company
changed its name and brand to Exxon in 1972.  Standard Oil of New York
(Socony) changed its name to Mobil in 1966 and merged with Exxon in
1999.

Standard Oil of California became Chevron.

All in all, there were something like 34 different companies formed from
the breakup of Standard Oil.

baj