<VV> Gas Brands no difference in basic formula

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Nov 4 23:28:46 EST 2008

The formula for gasoline is a government recipie determined by location
and season.

The pipeline sends the same gasoline to all the depots (tank farms) in
an area, no difference in brand. The brands add an aditive package to
make it "Exxon, Chevron," etc. This can be added at the terminal or at
the individual station.

So except for the final additive package, it does not matter where you
buy your gasoline. Here on the east coast a popular "off brand" is Wawa
(a dairy with convience store). It sells gasoline purchased from the
Exxon terminal! Why pay more for the same product just because the
station has Exxon on its sign?

Let the fire fly!

Frank DuVal