<VV> Early drums from Z car

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Nov 5 05:43:24 EST 2008

Remember that brakes 'work' by converting energy of motion
to heat energy ... rapidly collected in the mass of the drum or
disc then dissipating that heat into the air over a period of
time.  Reduction of the mass reduces the drum or discs ability
to store heat.  It is the reason that a drum or disc has a limit
on how much it can be resurfaced.

The Datsun was a much lighter vehicle which reduces the heat
generated and the need for the mass required for a heavier
vehicle.

Ken P