<VV> Hubble scores a 10 - no vair

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Thu Nov 6 15:35:08 EST 2008

Of course, I spell my last name "Hubbell"

The Hubble Telescope was named after my 5th Cousin, Thrice Removed - Edwin
Powell Hubble, a famous 20th century astronomer best known for discovering
that the degree of redshift observed in light coming from a galaxy increased
in proportion to the distance of that galaxy from the Milky Way.  This led
to the notion of an expanding universe and ultimately to the "Big Bang"
theory of creation.

I, along with my son, Geoff and hundreds of other "Hubbell/Hubble/Hubbel"s
watched the launch of the Hubble Telescope as VIP guests of NASA back in
1990.

Edwin Powell Hubble had no children.  We are related through a common
Hubbell ancestor.

Bill Hubbell