<VV> The Great Western Fan belt toss, Conclusion

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Nov 8 21:55:44 EST 2008

  _____

From: rt66vairs at aol.com [mailto:rt66vairs at aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:10 PM
To: dave.thompson at verizon.net
Subject: Re: <VV> The Great Western Fan belt toss, Conclusion

Dave,

Since it was your first fan belt toss you don't really have any experience
to reference

from.

I wasn't there because of work issues but have heard from some folks that it
was nothing

like what we enjoy at the Toss in Palm Springs.

I understand the reason for the move was to get more into the public eye but
I also understand
the primary purpose is to put on an event for Corvair enthusiasts.

IECC is the host chapter next year and plans are in place for the GWFBT&SM
to return to

Palm Springs for 2009. The dates will be Oct. 23-25 and the place will be
back in Sunrise
Park... Where it did NOT rain this this past weekend.

Tim Abney
IECC
<SNIP>

Even though there were some things that tried to spoil the weekend, I
ignored them and had the time of my life. I got to see some great examples
of our favorite cars and trucks and met some great people. This was my first
'Toss and it will be in my memories for the rest of my life.

My Vairy best to you all,

Dave Thompson

Westminster, CA

<SNIP>

 I'm sure that the 'toss was and will be a very different show when at Palm
Springs. I'm looking forward to it next year. This year's 'toss had its
problems for sure. But we worked through them. However, we definitely
accomplished our goal of moving the 'toss for more public exposure. I'm a
positive thinker. I wanted to share my fun times that weekend. Besides, I
hear about all the cool events in the East and Mid West, I had to write
about our west coast event.

Dave Thompson