<VV> Firestone Tires and Where Produced

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Sun Nov 9 07:22:37 EST 2008

Hi All!

The last set of 13" Firestones I bought for my Corvair were made in Costa
Rica! They were good tires but I think the Hankooks I recently purchased are
better. Firestone has quit making the 13" 380's although you may still be
able to find some leftovers. It is getting more difficult to find any U.S.
made tire, even many Goodyears are produced in other countries. Just like
many other U.S. companies, tire makers are finding that they just can't be
competitive with countries that offer hourly wages that are so much lower
than here. Unfortunately, it's a sign of the times!

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

65 Monza Spyder