<VV> gm/ford bailout necessary?

Delta Mfg. deltainc at grm.net
Mon Nov 10 15:51:37 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron" <ronh at owt.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 46, Issue 21

> It's woth noting that the very successful Japanese quality control system
> that beat Detroit so badly was devised in the U.S. by an American and
> firmly
> rejected by all of the U.S. auto companies before the Japanese embraced
> it.
> RonH
*********
My insider spy buddies at GM also recall the Ross Perot fiasco of 1990+ or
so .... Ross had a kick-butt reassessment plan to make GM work better ...
but of course ran directly into the fan of old-school GM elitists.

Seems Ross would walk into the factories, and instead of kissing some
General Butts, would spend all his time down on the floors, talking to
workers and getting the feel of the real workings of the GM Clockworks.
Also,he insisted on driving a simple chevvy to work .. for a reward, they
took away a close parking space and made him walk as far as they could
assign a space ...

Appears that timing is everything ...

OH, insider info from Ford:  seems the pop-slide-pop engine that ford has
thrown a billion or two into over the years is now debugged, and ready to
produce.  Bean Counters are reluctant, because some of their later engines
are already in production and are actually world beaters.  Still, might be
good for the American Team Spirit, and free advertising.

ken campbell, deltawerkes, timing everything ...