<VV> Costs to build cars

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Nov 10 16:57:51 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/10/2008 10:45:38 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
spiessdg at yahoo.com writes:

It is my  understanding that while many Japanese cars are now assembled in
the U.S.,  approximately 70% of the parts are shipped from Japan.  They are not
doing us any favors, nor should we expect same.
As far as our government  loaning money to the big(?) 3, be aware that most,
if not all auto  manufacturing overseas is subsidized by their government.
That is how  they are able to sell so cheap.

It depends on what you mean by subsidized. In almost all other civilized
countries, health care and retirement health care for the  workers are completely
paid by the Government. That is an indirect  subsidy. Take those costs out of
the price of a GM car and we will see who  is competitive. - Seth
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)