<VV> Stumbling acceleration

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 10 18:03:09 EST 2008

Hi guys-
I'm hunting down a stumble in the acceleration on my '65 140.
When I'm accelerating I get a miss at about third throttle.
I've checked to make sure all the cylinders are firing.  The Carbs seem to be working, but I could be wrong.  Both function well.  The accelerator pumps on each carb works.  They seem to be drawing the same amount of air.  I have Bosch platinum plugs with the four short terminals around the center electrode on the spark plugs.  So no over the top terminal on them.  If I'm light on the pedal, I can get it to smooth out as I go beyond the 1/3 throttle, but it is still somehwat rough.
Anyone got an idea which things I should check first?  Should I be looking at a points problem?
-Cash Case