<VV> EM/van lower ducts '61

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 13 15:23:56 EST 2008

 I' m finally putting the sheet metal back on the engine. I found that the lower duct work came in duplicate from the PO. One set has the damper door mechanism tack welded to the lower shroud using the long rods.The other one more closely resembles a LM, but the bellows is attached with the long rod and no damper door SM.

 Want to know which should be used on a '61 EM. Need more info?

My guess is the LM style with the long rod is the original '61 but the PO used all the Van SM for the oil filler tube which was bent to fit.

 Another Q:  Did the '64 110 have a damper pulley or solid? The heads say 110. Block just says V.
 MIKE KOVACS