<VV> Fw: You've received an answer to your question aboutitemChevrolet : Corvair

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Sat Nov 15 10:37:21 EST 2008

>I guess I'll have to remove the duplicolor bed liner I put on my rampside,
> even though I sandblasted every square inch and put on PPG epoxy primer
> first.   You can make assumptions but they may (or may not) be correct.

Dennis

Not sure why you'd want to remove the finish on your bed. You know what's
under it. You don't know what's under the schutz on this Rampy. If you would
be happy to pay over $6500 for this Rampy, that's your choice.

But I wouldn't. I was merely offering friendly advice to potential
purchasers that it is rash to trust schutz. I am currently removing the
schutz from a 1975 Lancia that a customer of mine paid $16000 for last year.
The schutz has been applied over bondo in the floor pan to conceal its
presence. If you would like me to send you some pictures offlist, I will be
happy to.

There is nothing wrong with schutz per se. There is nothing wrong with bondo
per se. But there is a lot wrong with what *some people* (not me or you,
Dennis) do with them.

Caveat emptor...

Cheers

Alan