<VV> Rampy on E-Bay

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 15 13:22:49 EST 2008

>I was merely offering friendly advice to potential purchasers that it is rash to trust schutz.

Maybe Rhino and Line-X haven't caught on in the UK, but they are quite
common on the Left Coast, to the point folks are using it as exterior
paint on rough country vehicles, and as a more permanent rustproof
undercoating..

Speaking of undercoating,  that's all Body-Shutz is, undercoating with a
brand name -- see
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360101912249

Both shutz and the spray on bed liners under discussion (also available
in 'use at home' formulations by Hercules and others) are applied with a
gun similar, if not identical, to a home style sandblasting nozzle,
except for those folks that use a paint roller to apply it.

I see no reason for all the "warnings", other than it is an eBay item,
and, like gambling, don't spend more than you can afford to loose --
personal inspection reccomended.

I would be more concerned about the "high performance" engine (in a
Rampy), the damaged front bumper, the extra hole in the engine access
cover, and that funny exterior tailgate latch -- stuff you can see  and
you know about.

Bill Strickland