<VV> Fw: You've received an answer ...

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 16 00:17:49 EST 2008

>I guess I was trying to be sarcastic when I said I'll have to take the bed coating off of my rampside.

Hey! Some folks won't be happy unless you strip it down to bare shiny
steel and then just clear coat it -- reminds me of a '39 Chevy a friend
of mine had -- he had the body blasted with something soft, and when it
was done, on the door  you could read the stamp mark from the original
roll of steel.

Who knows what lies under any opaque coating, except the guy that
applied the coating, and that is all that should matter -- just a
question of whether the guy has a record of trust, or not.  To the
observer, if it looks fine, why quibble about a fine looking ride?  If
you want to buy it, figure you are buying your next restoration project,
'cause the only way to "know" is to strip it.  Either you "have" to
know, or you can enjoy the ride at face value -- if it starts when you
turn the key and stops when you hit the brakes, it must be a driver, so
Drive It!

Bill Strickland