<VV> [SCG] Cylinder head drawings

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Nov 17 05:20:05 EST 2008

The way GM tracks changes is to change the part number.
The 'change' can be something as small as relocating a
hole by a few thousands of an inch or the size of a tapped
hole.  They start following this practice once a part has been
released for production.  SPO [Service Parts Organization]
determines if the parts can be interchanged.
Ken P

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:32:34 EST BobHelt at aol.com writes:

> Corsa/CPF recently digitized and posted several cylinder head
> drawings. Two
> in particular are 1965 95 hp heads, #3856743 and #3883862.
>

> I have reviewed these two drawings and have not been able to
> identify any
> differences between them. Has anyone else been reviewing these
> drawings? Have
> you discovered any differences between these two heads?  Bob
> Kirkman's Tech
> Guide Sup. article doesn't show any differences either and he was
> the  "expert".
>
> There must be a reason why Chevrolet would release two sets of
> drawings for
> these heads that appear to be identical. There must be some subtile
>
> differences.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards,