<VV> No oil pressure after sitting for years??

Conrad Carter alphaenvirmgt at ctc.net
Mon Nov 17 15:51:12 EST 2008

My Corvair has been sitting for 5-10 years now. I'm trying to get it going once again. I just changed the oil and added a fresh oil filter (filled the filter before I put it on) and have been cranking the engine (coil wire disconnected) but my oil pressure gauge is not showing any oil pressure. I know that the mid-80's Buick V6 can loose oil prime if it sits too long. Is that the case with the Corvair engine?
Conrad