<VV> PG'S and "non-revenue producing roads"

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Nov 18 13:23:06 EST 2008

My good friend Paul who "hid" a 350-350 in the back seat of his father's
Corvair ("You can have my car for college as long as you don't modify
it") had a term for those roads.

He called those "fun" roads outside his place outside St Louis
"non-revenue producing roads"

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Alan and Clare
Wesson
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:19 AM
To: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> PARK PAWL ON PG'S

Speaking as an 'energetic' European driver who lives in an area with
very
narrow, slippery, twisty roads, I far prefer PG Vairs for fast driving,
because they respond quickly and are quite nippy enough up to 40 or 50
(most
of the time on country roads). The only time they are a pain is on hills
or
at higher speeds.

And as the Vair 4-speed gearbox is the 2nd worst gearbox I have ever
used, I
can't see why someone would want to swap one of the smoothest trannies
ever
for one of the worst gearboxes. I reckon PG brings by far the best out
in
Vairs (to the extent that I actually frightened the purchaser of one of
my
cars while taking him for a test drive in it, because I wanted to show
him
a) that Vairs handled well; and b) that the combination of a 100 hp and
a PG
didn't mean it was sluggish).

Cheers

Alan