<VV> PARK PAWL ON PG'S

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 14:42:21 EST 2008

I've had a 65 4-speed and a Corvan 4-speed, and I hated both of em! Didn't
like the cranked lever, didn't like the lost motion in the linkage (even
after fitting quick shift and servicing it), etc. It's not so much that it
was so bad, as that there are so much better shifts out there.

I have got one of these:

http://www.autocollections.com/index.cfm?key=3569&action=details&tab=inventory&cartable

and it has the world's first five-speed box - on the COLUMN, in **3** planes
(this one hasn't got the correct tranny - someone has raided it because they
are valuable and replaced it with the 4-speed from the sedan, but mine has
still got the right tranny).

It is fantastic - almost changes gear by itself. I reckon the Corvair shift
is like a Volvo (you can kid yourself it is quite good until you try the
alternatives).

(Retires to bunker with flame hat on)

Cheers

Alan

P.S. I have got a Volvo, among other things, in case you are wondering...