<VV> PARK PAWL ON PG'S

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 15:32:33 EST 2008

>I think that you'll find that most Americans are unwilling to pay $85,000
> obtain better manual shifting.

Neither did I! If you buy these in places other than Vegas, they are a bit
cheaper (I paid $3000 for mine). I think this guy is trying to catch people
who have won big at the table and have lots of $$$ burning a hole in their
pockets). The same truck sold for $30000 at Pebble Beach 5 years ago, and I
think it still had the correct tranny then.

The shift on the sedan is as good, but with only 4 speeds. Here is a good
value sedan:

http://cgi.ebay.it/Auto_Auto__Lancia-Appia-3-serie-1961-Benzina_W0QQitemZ300274415934QQddnZAutoQQadiZ6576QQddiZ8293QQadnZAutoQQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobile_IT?hash=item300274415934&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

But the point I was making is that Vairs are fantastic cars, with a weak
point (the tranny). As there is a great shift on offer as well (PG), my
solution was to get a Vair with the great tranny, and another vehicle for
gear-shifting pleasure. Works for me!

Cheers

Alan