<VV> Corvair Starters at FLAPS

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Nov 19 13:17:35 EST 2008

I wouldn't go to a chain FLAPS unless you know them really well and
have some confidence in getting the right part.  As I recall the
starter nose is the major difference on a Corvair starter, you may be
able to buy a generic GM starter and swap the nose from your old
unit.  A better choice would be a local alternator/starter rebuilder
that specializes in supplying repair shops, they should be able to do
yours without any trouble.

--Bryan