<VV> Can the Beef car do this?

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 18:15:45 EST 2008

The 'Beef Car' reference is a bit lost on me - must be an American thing?

But the driving is STUNNING - I haven't seen Subarus driven like this since
I went to Wales in my Turquoise 65 Vair to watch the RAC Rally in late 1997.
I thought it would be the sensation of the parking lot, but all the rally
boys were interested in was the Subarus and the Lancia Integrales - a Late
Model Vair wasn't their kind of thing! But I love flat-out broadside,
oversteer cornering, like Fangio et al used to do in the 50s (only they did
it without seat belts, helmets or fireproofing!).

Did he mean to clip the bank with the rear of the car? I guess not, but
we're all allowed the odd slip (although I suppose it's a good thing that
the slip didn't come with the guy on the Segway).

Cheers

Alan

P.S. Check this out - you might have seen it, but if you haven't it is worth
looking at. The context is the Anchor for the BBC's premier (only!) motoring
programme, Top Gear, who did a 10 minute lap of the Nürburgring in a Jaguar,
and the woman who is the regular driver there said she bet she could do that
time in a diesel-powered VAN. She is called Sabine Schmitz and she very
nearly managed - and she's kinda cute, so it's worth a watch - if you want
to see other videos of her, do a Youtube search for Sabine Schmitz Top Gear:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pklvKKnd0