<VV> Combustion efficiency & exhaust emissions

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 11:52:31 EST 2008

I was told one time that dumping a couple of bottles of rubbing alcohol in the gas tank and running the operating temp up before arriving at the inspection site did the trick. I used to do this a lot when I owned cars that were usually susceptible to emission failure. You remember the kind of disposable cars one had in college? Mine were Aries, K-cars, and Omni's. I don't know if this trick ever worked in its entirety; but the theory seemed just. Alcohol makes the car run hotter, thereby, cleaner emissions? I don't know.
-chris mann