<VV> LM Front Intake Air for A/C Condenser

John Oshea jco99 at cox.net
Mon Nov 24 08:04:28 EST 2008

Looking for advice on how to get fresh air to a trunk mounted air conditioning condenser.
I have searched Corvair Center, AirVair, FastVair and here, but came up with very skimpy data on airflow for trunk mounted condensers.
One way would seem to be cutting holes into the trunk from the lower body panel on either side of the front license plate just below the bumper. Living in Las Vegas I'm not concerned with rain or snow entry.
Can that be done without running into hidden structure between the outer body and inner trunk sheet metal?
Is there a better way to get fresh air into the trunk?
I plan to exhaust the condenser air out the bottom of the trunk with a puller fan. Is there a better way to do that?
Does anybody know where I could find some pictures of trunk condenser installations?

Thanks in advance for your help.