<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 46, Issue 68

corvairs corvairs at pacifier.com
Tue Nov 25 15:37:49 EST 2008

Smitty - Yes, it is a little strange. As to the boring/honing under
torque, of course you are correct, no matter how the torque plate is
designed there is no way to be certain it will mimic exactly how it is
torqued in the engine. BUT, I think (as do most others in the business
of boring/honing Corvair cylinders) that we can probably get much closer
by using a torque plate than not, since obviously we know that the
barrels don't operate in the engine "free floating".

If you want to say that we all may not have it quite right is correct.
But I'd be hard to understand you believing that we haven't at least
done something logical towards that end!      Lon

www.corvairunderground.com