<VV> Oil Pressure Sender Location

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 26 12:50:30 EST 2008

We're nearing the home stretch on our 3.1L Big Bore motors.  One of the
things I would like to do is re-locate the oil pressure sender.  I'm
installing a Westach dual oil press/temp gauge and I've got to find a home
for the pressure sender.

I noted while watching the Bob Benzinger talk from the Flagstaff Convention
video that he commented that the '60 sender location on the side of the
block was superior to the revised location in the oil filter assembly by the
alternator.  I've also noted that the 164ci FC block I'm using does not have
the extra boss material to tap into like the earlier designs did.

The hope is that there is a suitable location I can tap into below the
shrouding, run a braided flexible line up to the idiot light and gauge
senders mounted on the underside of the side shrouds.  This is mostly for
aesthetics as I'm trying to minimize the amount of clutter on the top of the
engine. (just humour me, ok<grin>)

Any suggestions on suitable locations to tap into for oil pressure?

Regards,
Joel