<VV> A new Drill

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 22:22:16 EST 2008

My biggest gift of the year was a lift (EZ CarLift) for my Corvair - or
other worthy liftables. I considered it a safety item, which made the cost  easier
to bear. I picked it up at the Ventura Corvair Convention and  immediately
used it to, lift my "Stingerish" car up to do some transplanting.  The "Heavy
Lifting" action for the lift is actually done via a plugged-in  hand drill which
drives the screw threads. (Don't bother with a  cordless) My 30 year old
Craftsman 3/8" drill gave up the ghost a few years  ago, the only part that was
unavailable from Sears cracked, so I retired  it. I bought a solid 3/8" Black
and Decker drill which has worked well for a  couple of years now. After getting
the Corvair running and removing it from  the lift, I swapped driveway
positions and began to lift an acquired (not  running very well) 97 Camaro to do
some repair. The Black & Decker  drill had a hard time with the lift (the fat
Camaro not helping) so, after  seeing/smelling the brushes working so hard, I
decided to buy a "Heavier-Duty"  drill - I alluded to this a few weeks ago on
this forum. I looked  around, wanting to "Buy American" if possible, and quality
trumped cost for  this purchase (to a point). I looked at Bosch, Porter Cable,
Makita and  others but finally settled on a 1/2" drive Milwaukee 1250-1 Heavy
 Duty D-Handle drill. It is a nice piece of work, smooth and powerful, but
not  real heavy. It should have no problem driving the lift, or hole sawing
through sheet metal. I just hope I don't sprain my wrist with the power. I
bought it online at Toolup.com - they are located in Las Vegas, NV. I will
probably give it a real tryout on Saturday, if the rain stops!

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette

AOL.com.