<VV> Engine Weight

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Thu Nov 27 00:41:32 EST 2008

Hi,

A couple of questions;

1)Does anybody have a rough idea of the total weight of a 66 180 engine from
the bell housing on back  on back - full kit, carb, sheet metal, turbo,
muffler - everything essentially ready to run?

2) I've had Corvairs for 20 plus years and I have always removed the engine
with diff and tranny attached. I then split the engine off as required. Just
habit I guess. Is it in fact possible to re and re the engine and leave the
diff and transmission in the car? Any pointers?

Thanks,

Bob

66 180 convertible