<VV> Engine Weight / Pulling

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Nov 27 01:48:01 EST 2008

Must be a late thing. I leave the turbo on when dropping earlies. Of
course, I don't separate eng and diff on earlies in the car. So do you
remove the turbo just to get at the upper diff to bellhousing bolt?

Yes, a small bottle jack sitting on the diff and pushing up to the body
helps keep the diff down when the engine weight comes off. Keeps from
breaking the snout so quickly on manuals. Helps on PGs also.

Guide pins. Hmmm. Maybe I'll try something new like that! ggg

Frank DuVal