<VV> Pitman arm bushing removal

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sun Nov 30 04:17:51 EST 2008

I am getting ready to rebuild my steering. I replaced my steering box a few
months ago and it tightened things up a great deal but I still have some
looseness in the tie rods. The previous owner completely rebuilt the A-arm
suspension but didn't touch the steering. I plan to purchase the Deluxe
steering kit from our east coast vender. It has all the parts that I need.
When I replaced my steering box, I tried and tried to get the old pitman arm
bushing out. I wanted to replace it with a new nylon one. However I was
unable to figure out how to remove the old one while on the car. Will it be
easier when I have the entire drag link removed to rebuild the rest of the
steering?

What's the secret to removing the old pitman arm bolt and bushing?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder vert

Westminster, CA