<VV> FW: Pitman arm bushing removal

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 14:33:58 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/30/2008 1:00:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

I'll  vote for the hack saw, just be careful and use one with a very fine
edge. Try not to cut the arm. I usually can pry it out with a  screwdriver after
cutting 90% or so.
MIKE KOVACS

My vote too.  The sleeves are just mild steel--cut the "lip" first and  work
your way down 1/3 or so.  Then you can use a cold chisel to tap one  end of
the cut lip inside.  This usually breaks the rust bond.   Liberal use of a
penetrant like Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster speeds things  up.  DO NOT pound on it
while the steering box is still attached or you  will damage  the box.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
AOL.com.