<VV> Richard's restoration of Early Vair in Bolivia

Richard Widman richard at widman.biz
Sun Nov 30 17:53:32 EST 2008

Not mine. the red is a rust converter.
Chevrolet had a decent presence in Bolivia in the 50's and 60's. There
wern't many cars here, Chevy probably had 40% market share or so, with
Ford, Dodge, Willys and International taking the rest after Studebaker
left. Still a lot of early 50's Studebaker, Chevy, Ford and
International pickups around.

In the late 60's I had a 68 Chevy C20, a 68 Suburban, and a CJ5  V-6, a
Dodge Power Wagon, and for a while I was able to keep a 56 Land Rover
Pickup running.

I knew the Chevy dealership well as I always needed parts. The Suburban
came with a defective transfer case.

The original owner was a medical doctor who liked to have the latest. He
passed away about 20 years ago.