<VV> Wanted: Non-Ethanol Fuel from St Pete into Florida Keys

Delta Mfg. deltainc at grm.net
Sun Nov 30 19:19:55 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mikeamauro at aol.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 9:14 AM
Subject: <VV> Wanted: Non-Ethanol Fuel from St Pete into Florida Keys

> In December, I'm taking a trip down I-75, to A1A, and into the Florida
> Keys.
> I'll be driving the 64, 110, Greenbrier. I'd like to use non-ethanol
> infected fuel whenever possible.
********
Hi, I am a bit skeptical about the horror stories of stranded motorists that
were guilty of running ethanol ... here in Iowa, I have been using the
10-15% blend ( 10% ethanol ) for about 20 years, with no for-sure effects,
in about 8 different autos ....   if anything at all, it might be that the
ethanol blend boils off faster in the corvair hot-stop conditions ... but
even then, it might also just be the funny fuel that is at the pumps
nowadays anyway ...

... FWIW, I also have had several dealer PRO mechanics warn me not to use
the stuff ...   ( we have little choice in Iowa .... ) ....

Heh Heh, we run nothing but BP Super Duper in our Mitsu Talon, and it is the
only auto that is on the kaput right now ... anecdotally means nothing ... I
think   ....

???  just some thoughts; ken campbell, deltawerkes