<VV> Tires

Robert Henry robertkhenry at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 1 08:34:42 EDT 2008

My Corsa is badly in need of tires. I've called numerous tires stores and
they don't have anything that will fit. Most of the tire manufacturer web
sites don't even list 13 inch tires.

So Clark's is now offering new P185/R80-13 radial tires (C12601). They say
they can't guarantee which brand, but the picture on their web site shows
"Hankook" name on the sidewall. Can an American Corvair be happy with Korean
tires? Well, happier than with 20 year-old, irregularly worn P205/R70-13s
that aren't made anymore.

Comments? Even better would be comments from someone who has bought tires
recently. I realize it's another option, but I'm hoping to avoid changing
the wheels for now.

Robert Henry