<VV> Trip

Hugh Fowler hugpeg at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 3 16:04:40 EDT 2008

My wife Peg purchased a 1965 Monza Convertible 140.4 off ebay 3 weeks ago.  We were due in Mass for an annual stay at the beach and the car was 2.5 miles away.  We had had it inspected prior to buying becasue we have been burned in the past.  We picked the car up and stopping along the way covered 1300 miles with only a shredded fan belt and a battery that would not hold a charge.  Purchased it from a Mike Daly.  He buys cars from all ove the country, strips and repaints, reviews the mechanicals and puts them on ebay for a reasonable price.  He has foound that Corvairs sell almost immediately so that he can turn his investment very quickly.  He started with AMX's and still has some but he is liking Corvairs.  He does only convertibles at the moment.  Car ran like a top.  140/4sp.
Hugh Fowler