<VV> More Powerglide Questions

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sat Oct 4 23:06:50 EDT 2008

From: <rchivers at tampabay.rr.com>
 When I look at the book it shows both the 'o ring' and a paper
gasket.  It appears that the paper gasket goes between the front pump and the
front plate.  Yet when I took it apart there was no paper gasket, just the
'o ring'.
Am I correct that there should be a paper gasket there, or am I reading
the diagram incorrectly ??-------------------------------Smitty says:  There are two different drawings of the pump plate and gasket.  Do not put the gasket between the cover and pump plate or the tranny will not work.  The gasket goes next to the case before the pump is installed.