<VV> SUCCESS

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 5 21:10:26 EDT 2008

Hi All,
   Just got back from Denver driving my 1962 Monza Wagon! After bleeding the brakes (very rusty fluid), cleaning the fuel sender (no fuel flow due to varnish/sludge) and all the fuel lines, new spark plugs and air filters, resetting dwell (points looked new) and timing, installing 2 freshly rebuilt carbs (thanks for the good job Mark Aksamit), fresh oil and filter, topping up all the fluid levels, airing up the "new" tires (used about 800 miles since newly purchased in 2000), she ran quite well. Average speed was 65-75 MPH but I know she was ready for more. I thank everyone for the suggestions and recomendations. All seemed very realistic. And Joel, the only reason it did not get a new master cylinder is that I forgot to grab that last box that had it (freshly bench bled). And Smitty and Scotty, Wolf Creek Pass was a breeze although it still scares me regardless of what I am driving. And JR, I brought all those items you suggested, and a few more. And thank you Matt Nall for wishing me "Good luck". And Dave Thompson, do you have the # of the company that moved your car from coast to coast for a grand? I have gotten bids to move my 1966 350 miles for $450 to $965. But the seller Jim Reich swears it would make it if given the same "love" the 1962 Monza Wagon got. But do I want to do it again???? Again I thank you all.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado