<VV> Drive your Corvair Day/ Four Clubs 2008 pictures

Gary Swiatowy garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com
Tue Oct 7 07:11:25 EDT 2008

Below is a link to my Webshots albums where I have posted some pictures of
the 2008 Four Clubs event in Batavia NY.

Also, I missed drive your Corvair Day, but a few days later I spent a good
part of the day driving around my Greenbrier with the Antique Historical
Truck Society (AHTS). Pictures of the Greenbrier and the trucks that went on
the drive around are in the Albums as well. We also toured the personal
restoration shop of Bill Strobel.

Bill is in his 80's and is a real do-it-yourself guy. Restores rare vintage
cars making his own body panels, makes his own wood steering wheels, wheels,
and anything else wood in a car. If he needs something, like a door handle
or windshield frame, or a bracket. He carves it in wood, makes a mold, and
casts the part.

He drilled his own gas well using an 1890's drilling rig, built his home
with windmill, water wheel, and pond he dug himself with a vintage dragline.

http://community.webshots.com/user/swi66

Gary Swiatowy

e-mail: garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com